Main Street birdseye view, Lubec, ca. 1905Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
Lubec's Main Street as it appeared around 1905. The white building on the right side of Main Street is the Masonic Lodge. It and most of the houses survive. The yellow house far right was moved to Stonington by a Mr. O’Brien. In the foreground, monument Lot with its Civil War Memorial was donated to Lubec by financier and sardine magnate Bion M. Pike. The conical tower of his Victorian style mansion is visible above the roofs of the house left center, left of that the steeple of the Christian, now Congregational, church. The house just behind monument lot was owned by G. W. Mowry, and later by Arthur and Dorothy Gaudreau.
View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.